Hip 67, a Midnight Storm colt, tops the OBS Selected Yearling Sale.
Hip No. 67, a son of Midnight Storm consigned by Abbie Road Farm (Lisa McGreevy), Agent, was sold to Elusive Thoroughbreds for $170,000 to top the Ocala Breeders’ Sales Company’s 2021 Selected Sale of Yearlings. The dark bay or brown colt is out of stakes winner Sterling Madame, by Unbridled Energy.
- Hip No. 4, a son of Khozan consigned by Beth Bayer, Agent, went to Elusive Thoroughbreds for $125,000. The bay colt is out of Karen’s Wildcat, by Wildcat Heir, from the family of stakes winner Pleasant Dilemma.
- Finisterre Racing paid $125,000 for Hip No. 121, a son of Kantharos consigned by Summerfield (Francis and Barbara Vanlangendonck), Agent. The bay colt, a half-brother to graded stakes winning OBS Yearling Sale graduate Happy Farm, is out of Gospel Girl, by Holy Bull.
- Hip No. 22, a daughter of Kantharos consigned by Silver Oaks Farm (Danielle Loya), Agent, was sold to Al London for $120,000. The chestnut filly, a full-sister to graded stakes winning OBS graduate Bucchero, is out of Meetmeontime, by General Meeting.
- Hip No. 69, a daughter of Practical Joke consigned by Beth Bayer, Agent, was purchased for $110,00 by de Meric Sales, Agent. The bay filly is out of T’as d’Beaux Yeux, by Desert Party, a half sister to graded stakes placed stakes winning OBS graduate Doctor Chit.
- Pick View LLC went to $110,000 for Hip No. 117, a son of Mendelssohn consigned by Colin Brennan Bloodstock, Agent. The gray or roan colt is out of Fleet Goddess, by Holy Bull, a daughter of Grade 1 winner Family Enterprize.
For the Selected Yearling Sale, 99 horses sold for a total of $4,498,500, up 32.4 percent compared with 86 yearlings bringing $3,397,000 a year ago. The average price was $45,439, up 15 percent compared with $39,500 last year, while the median price was $32,000, rising 14.3 percent compared with $28,000 in 2020. The buyback percentage was 26.1 percent; it was 36.3 percent a year ago.
The sale continues Wednesday at 11 a.m. with Hip No.’s 201 – 598 selling in the Open session.
To view the full results, click here.
New to the Paulick Report? Click here to sign up for our daily email newsletter to keep up on this and other stories happening in the Thoroughbred industry.
Copyright © 2021 Paulick Report.