Modern technology has helped improve our lives for the better. As a matter of fact, it affects almost every aspect of our present-day lives, including pet care.
Thanks to technological innovations, it is now easier to train, feed, monitor, play, interact and keep our dogs safe. Besides, who doesn’t love spoiling their fur kids?
If you’re looking for dog gadgets to make you and your furry friend’s life easier, then you’re in for a treat! We’ve rounded up seven dog gadgets that’ll make dog ownership a walk in the park.
Benefits of Using Dog Gadgets
Using high-tech and smart dog gadgets has a lot of benefits for you and your dog. Here are some of them:
- Added security: Many smart dog gadgets help keep your pooches safe. For example, GPS dog collars have built in trackers in them that allow you to be aware of your furry friend’s whereabouts and send a signal if they start straying too far. These gadgets are especially helpful in preventing lost pets.
- Remote monitoring: The beauty of dog gadgets is being able to monitor your dog’s activities, even when you’re not at home. Pet cameras allow you to keep an eye on your dog in real-time, even allowing you to talk to them and give them treats!
- Training assistance: There are smart dog gadgets that can also help you train your dog. For example, clickers and training collars. These gadgets can help motivate your pooch during training and aid in accelerating your their learning process.
- Convenience: Of course, just like other technological innovations, dog gadgets make your life easier, too. Most of these gadgets come with smartphone applications, making it easier to manage them wherever you go. Furthermore, they also help with day-to-day activities like cleaning after your pet.
- Interactive fun: Thanks to technological advancement, we now have interactive dog toys that help keep our furry friends entertained and active, even when we’re not available to do it.
While using these dog gadgets make life a lot easier, it’s important to remember that they should not replace human and personal care and attention. These gadgets are here to help us, not ultimately replace us.
7 Dog Gadgets To Make Your Life Easier
Without further ado, here are seven of our top dog gadget picks guaranteed to make you and your pooch’s life a lot easier.
1. Our Feeding Gadget Pick: PetSafe Smart Feed
PetSafe Smart Feed ensures that your dog is fed on time and every time, even if you’re at work and no matter how busy you get.
The PetSafe Smart Feed has a large container for you dog’s food. And this enables you to schedule up to 12 meals daily, raging from 1/8 cup to 4 cup portions, depending on your pet’s needs.
This gadget is great for dogs who eat too fast because of its slow-feeding mode that dispenses food gradually over a 15-minute interval.
It’s also great for pooches that need to go on a diet because it helps you manage and maintain healthy food portions for your furry friend.
Furthermore, it can easily be set up and controlled by the Smart Feed app. And even though it is plugged in and controlled by the app, it will still feed your dog on schedule in the unlikely event of a power outage (but with the help of D-batteries) and Wi-Fi unavailability.
Furthermore, when you’re at home, you can even ask Alexa through your Amazon Echo to feed your dog, hands-free.
- Customizable feeding schedule
- Easy-to-use app
- Slow-feeding mode
- Large and takes too much space
2. Our Interactive Dog Toy Pick: The Wickedbone Smart Bone
Wickedbone, as the name suggests, is a bone-shaped interactive dog toy. It is chew-safe and can be an entertaining dog gadget for your furry friend. It can be on auto play mode or can be manually controlled.
You can activate and control the toy through the Wickedbone app. And then the phone app enables a virtual joystick that you can use to steer the gadget.
Furthermore, on auto play mode, it automatically adjusts how it reacts based on different types of touch from your dog, ensuring it will have your dog’s attention for a long time.
So, it’s a perfect gadget for when you are busy and your dog needs some exercise or play time AND can also be a fun bonding time for you and your pooch.
- Safe for chewing
- Long battery life
- Mess-free, easy to clean toy
- Not durable enough, especially for strong chewing dogs
3. Our Pet Camera Pick: Petcube Bites 2
The Petcube Bites 2 is a multi-functional pet camera and treat dispenser. It’s a great tool for keeping an eye on your dog when you’re not at home with it’s two-way pet chat feature.
This is our best pet camera pick for a reason. Petcube Bites 2’s 1080p video camera features a 160° ultra-wide angle view and also a night vision! You can see your dog from afar and also up close even when you’re not at home.
Furthermore, its two-way pet chat feature allows you to hear and talk to your pooch even when you’re not inside the comfort of your home.
And when you think it couldn’t get any better, you can also toss your furry friend some treats throughout the day. You can choose to schedule it or you can do it through the Petcube app by yourself.
It also has a built-in Alexa to play music, hear the news, control other smart home devices, and more!
- 1080p video quality and night vision
- Treat dispenser
- Pet-proof with a wall mounting option
- Built-in Alexa
- Some customers said that the crumbs from the treats get into the camera
4. Our Pet Hair Vacuum Cleaner Pick: Dyson V11 Animal Cord-Free Vacuum Cleaner
Dog hair can get just about everywhere at home. And to deal with this efficiently, you’ll need the Dyson V11. It has an incredible power that can easily get rid of your dog’s fur from any surface or spot – from high-pile carpets to hardwood floor. And this is all thanks to its Dynamic Load Sensor system.
This pet hair vacuum cleaner is our top pick for a lot of reasons. It is lightweight, maneuverable, and has a big dirt compartment. And while it is a cordless and upright vacuum, it can be conveniently converted to a handheld cleaner for hard-to-reach spots at home.
- Dynamic Load Sensor system
- Cordless and lightweight
- Comes with three different power modes: Eco, Auto and Boost
- Short run-time. It only has about 30 to 45 minutes
- Batteries can’t be swapped. So you have to wait for it to finish charging before being able to use it again
5. Our Training Gadget Pick: PetSafe Clik-R Dog Training Clicker
Training with the aid of dog gadgets doesn’t have to be expensive, and PetSafe’s Clik-R Dog Training Clicker is proof of that.
Dog owners and trainers use clicker to teach dogs how to behave and how to do new tricks. And it goes hand-in-hand with treats for effective training.
What we love about PetSafe’s clicker is that, while most clickers feature a wrist strap, it is ergonomic and features a finger strap. Furthermore, its compact design make it easier to hold and its plastic housing makes it easy to clean.
- Has a finger strap
- Has a reasonable sound level
- Some dog parents found that it’s not very loud and therefore not that effective in an outdoor setting
6. Our Grooming Gadget Pick: Hertzko Self-Cleaning Slicker Brush
The Hertzko Self-Cleaning Slicker Brush is simple yet invaluable to dog parents, especially during shedding season!
This slicker brush is easy to use and is also great for dogs who suffer from sensitive skin. It can effectively remove knots and tangles while protecting your dog’s skin and coat.
But what really sets this slicker brush apart from others is its retractable plastic tip bristles. Thanks to these, the brush is very easy to clean. All you have to do is click the button on the brush, and it’ll remove all the hair from the brush.
Furthermore, the Hertzko Self-Cleaning Slickr Brush’s design provides a comfortable and easy-to-grip handle, which makes brushing a lot easier.
- Retractable bristles
- Great for sensitive skin
- Some dog parents do not like the brush’s plastic tip bristles
- A bit pricey
7. Our Dog Safety Gadget Pick: Whistle GO Explore
Whistle GO Explore is an activity tracker for dogs that help you monitor their location at all times. It can be attached to your dog’s collar. And it sets up alerts that makes locating your pet easy once they leave a designated safe area.
So, whether your dog is wandering on the neighborhood or have made a sneaky escape, the Whistle GO Explore will alert you of their location.
While it requires a Wi-Fi connection, it can help you locate your dog and send updates within seconds. This is because the tracker also uses AT&T nationwide network and Google maps for a more accurate tracking.
Aside from its tracking features, it can also monitor your dog’s health and activities that can help you manage and maintain their overall health and well-being.
However, to be able to enjoy all these features, you are required to pay an $8.25 monthly subscription. But on the bright side, the subscription also includes access to veterinary help through chat, phone or email from the Whistle app.
- Long-lasting battery life
- Accurate tracking
- Requires a monthly subscription
Indeed, modern technology has made our lives a lot easier and comfortable. And the same can be said for our furry friends. Thanks to dog gadgets, our beloved furry friends can live a life of comfort and happiness with us.
Does your pooch own any of the above mentioned dog gadgets? If not, are there any gadgets they own that you’d recommend to other fur parents? Share them with us in the comments!